Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sarah Simmons Speaks

God is so good!! He always comes through when His children give their all and have faith that He will do tremendous works! This was the attitude of the 2007 WAY Choir members. Individually, I came expecting a mighty move of the Holy Ghost, and He did just that and so much more!! Spiritually I had been struggling with some things and I needed God to strengthen me in His presence. He definitely answered the needs I had! Even though I was expecting miracles and blessings, my mind can never comprehend the greatness He did that week. I watched people of all ages, from children to elders in the church, be blessed by our complete and total submission to what He wanted us to do in these services. I was overwhelmed by the boldness He gave me to pray with people I had never seen or met before. A burden rose within my soul to see lives changed! Although I came with the mindset to minister, I was ministered to, also, through fellow WAY members, and the burning passion Bro. Fitzpatrick had for the choir as a whole. The theme throughout the whole week for me was “submission”. Time and time again, I was reminded of how God’s mercy and grace was and still is the only reason I could participate in such a great honor as this one. Wherever we were singing, I was placed in a spirit of humility and would fall on my face. I recommitted my life to Him each night, each time growing closer to the Lord than I’ve ever been in my entire walk with Him. My strength was renewed, my past is under the blood, the devil is a liar, and Jesus is alive and well in me!! What an incredible opportunity!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing this with everyone. God has definitely used the WAY Choir again this year (2008) tour. I was so blessed to hear them sing at Camp Meeting! Wow were they anointed!! I can't wait to be a part of WAY again next year, since this year was next to impossible for me. Thank you again, to the Allards & Fitzpatricks for your dedication and love for all of us!