Sunday, July 22, 2007

Devotional By Poohie


Hello W.A.Y Choir,

When Bro.Tyler asked me to write this weeks devotional, something was on my heart and has been for a while. Sometimes we, as young people, go through certain situations and we get discouraged in our walk with God. It is at those times, when the enemy comes and tells us that God doesn't have anything for us. If we believe this, he will even go as far as trying to get us to believe that God can't do what he did on W.A.Y Choir tour at your church and in your family.
But, at that moment and time, YOUR faith, YOUR boldness, has to be put to work and you start stepping out of where were comfortable, and step into a place where God wants you to be.

I've told some of you on tour that when the disciples were on the boat and they saw Jesus walking toward them on the water, Peter told Jesus, "Bid me to walk on the water." Jesus told him to come. The boat represents your comfort zone, where you feel safe. The water represents your trouble, your trial, your situation. Yet, above and beyond all this, when Jesus says come to get what you need from Him, you have to walk on top of everything that is trying to take you down, and believe God has taken care of your situation.
I love you all, and appreciate you all, and will continue to keep you all in my prayers,

Frankie Taylor ( Poohie )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome!!! you are an inspiration to many!!!

Jolene Harris said...

Frankie, I enjoyed your devotional very much. I liked what you had to say about the boat being our comfort zone and the water our trouble, trial, sitauation and how Jesus is bidding to us to arise and walk above it all. WOW! It thrills my soul to see young people like you making a stand for Jesus. I heard so much about the excellent services you had this year on the tour as Pastor Allard is my pastor and my sister attends the Eureka church. As a grandmother, I am happy to say Yes, the church of tomorrow is in good hands. God bless you all
Jolene

Jana Allard said...

Great job, Poohie!!! I loved your thought. Keep up the good work.

Sarah said...

Amen brotha. Thank you for the encouraging words. They meant a lot!

Anonymous said...

Good job Poohie!!