Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Leave It, Let It Go, And Live On!!


Weekly Devotional

I remember hearing the story of Ronald Reagan when he was just a boy. His father would come home every night in a drunken rage, and severely beat him and his mother until at some points he could not even walk. This happened throughout his childhood years until, at one point, he eventually got too big for his father to beat and his father stopped. Reagan went off to college, became a movie star, and eventually became the 40th President of the United States of America. Later, when asked about his childhood, or so the story goes, he said,

"I couldn’t touch what happened to me and get bitter, but I had to let it go, or else I wouldn’t be what I am today."

Somewhere along the line he realized, I can’t hold onto this stuff but I’ve got to let it go and live on. I can’t help what happened to me back then, but I can do something about now. I can’t help what somebody did to me yesterday, but I can do something about tomorrow. I don’t have any control about a hurt that happened to me yesterday, but if I leave it alone and let it go, I’ll be able to live on and go into everything God wants me to be.

God designed each and every one of us to have our own free personal will and option to make ourselves whatever we want to be in life. No matter what you’ve gone through in life, no matter what you’ve gone through as a person, and no matter what anybody else says, God is still out there saying my yoke is easy, and my burden is light and your future is whatever you want in me.

So in this short amount of time God has given me on this earth, I will be fruitful, I will accomplish something and I won't let the enemy bring me down!! Life is too short to hold a grudge. I've got to Leave It, Let It Go, And Live On!!!!

God Bless,
Tyler

1 comment:

Jana Allard said...

Tyler - this is a great post. I have often stated this quote, "In life, pain is inevitable but misery is optional." It makes no difference who you are, you will be hurt at some point in your life. However, misery is up to you. Bitterness only kills the person who holds it.