Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Appreciation from Abigail

WAY Choir Tour 2008. Wow! It was something amazing. Just like almost everyone said on the bus, I, too, almost didn't come this year because of certain situations in my life, and certain doubts I had. But I really am glad that I decided to come because I know that my life did change during the week, and I know that it's going to stay changed. People always say their lives are changed after a certain service, or event, but this time I KNOW that I KNOW my life will never be the same. Just like the song we did, "I"m not going back, I'm moving ahead, I'm here to declare to you my past is over IN YOU!" That song sums up how I feel about what God did for me this past week.

Now I know that no matter what happens in my life, no matter how many times the devil attacks me, I will keep fighting back because I'm not going back to the person I was before the tour. I know that we only spent a week together but a lot of you made a big impact on my life and I am so grateful for it. The friendships that were made stronger this week were lifelong friendships and I love each of you.

My favorite night was in Dinuba. I don't even know if I should be admitting this or not, but as some of you know, the devil has been fighting me a lot lately, more so than usual, and I have felt like I just couldn't fight back anymore, so when I was praying at the end of service, I was able to finally get to the place in the spirit that I told the devil he couldn't have me, he couldn't have my family, and that no matter what, I was going to fight for them! I know that one day I will see my dad come back to church. I know that the things that I am praying for, I will see happen, in my life, in my family's and friends lives, in my church.

Because no matter what happens, I know in the long run, it's all going to be worth it. I thank God that I was given the opportunity to go on the tour this year. A special thank you to Bro. and Sis. Fitzpatrick for all your hard work and dedication to us. Thank you also to Bro. & Sis. Allard, you are awesome! (Sis. Allard, you are my hero! Thanks for being there for me)

To Sheramy, Kendra, Lacy, and Kadee, you'll be happy to know that I finally ate when I got home, so no worries! lol. Sorry this was soo lengthy. I love you guys and miss you all soo much already! I'll see you all at camp meeting.

Love Abigail

2 comments:

Kadee Sullivan said...

Hey Abigail!!! You have no idea how excited I am for you. Love you so much and will continue to pray for you!!!!

~Kadee

Jana Allard said...

Awwwww, Abigail, you made me get teary-eyed. I don't know how I can be a hero, but I'll do anything to help you. Love you!